Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mt. Batulao - My First Mountaineering Experience (Nov 19-20, 2011)

MT. BATULAO
Nasugbu, Batangas
Jump-off point: Evercrest Golf Course, Nasugbu
LLA: 14.0408 N 120.8011 E 811 MASL
Days required / Hours to summit: 1 day / 2-4 hours
Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 4/9, Trail class 3 with 60-70 degrees assault

My first mountaineering experience was in Mt. Batulao. (Actually nakarating na ako  dito a couple of years ago for a pilgrimage. I didn’t expect that I’ll come back to this place to explore it.) I was super excited that time coz finally, I’ll be fulfilling one of my dreams to – to do mountaineering.  I was with my new found friends in Cavite. 


We left Dasma, Cavite pass 12 in the afternoon (November 19, 2011). After a couple of hours, we reached Evercrest and registered our names. Then we started our trek. We took the OLD TRAIL (East)



 
To regain our energies, we had several stop overs (Mabenta sa amin ang Mirinda at buko juice) That was also our time to chit chat and make fun of ourselves.




Super love ko ang sunset. Habang binabagtas namin ang daan paakyat ng bundok, na-amaze ako sa sceneries. 





 
We paid Php20 and registered our names in a logbook. We stayed overnight in station 5. Salamat kay Miong sa isang masarap na hapunan (Sinigang na baboy – my favorite).  Naglaro kami while having our drinking session (empi light with iced tea).






The following morning, picture taking agad ang inasikaso. 




Since injured ang isang kasamahan namin, kaming mga girls lang (me, Joan and Mel) and Macus lang ang nag-decide na i-try akyatin ang summit. Funny part, dinaan ko sa charm para makahingi ng tulong or alalay from other trekkers pati na rin ang magpa-picture sa kanila. 












Sad to say but we failed to reach the summit. Sa pagod, brunch ang inatupag namin pagbaba. Parang picnic lang ang set up pero ang saya. After eating, pahinga naman ulet - welcome siesta.






Time to leave the station but before we left, we had our last pictorial sessions. hahaha...











This experience taught me a lot of things:
  1. Simple things really rock! \m/ 
  2. God is so great!!! 
  3. Appreciate how wonderful our life is 
  4. Live life!

I know I will come back to this place again and hopefully to reach the summit. ^^

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...