Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love, Love, Love

I was once a beneficiary of Samahang Mapagkalinga. I started joining this group when I was in Grade 4. When I was a kid, I didn’t see the importance of this group to me. All I know was they were helping my parents with fees and school supplies. But the financial help stopped since our benefactors stopped sending us the money that we need for school.

The foundation didn’t stop there. Our Brother Servant Benny Cruz exposed us to another world- the world of God. He sent us to different recollections and retreats. I was also given the chance to teach Catechism to the kids in the community. These exposures helped and mold me to the person that I am right now. 

I was once thought that I want to become a nun to serve Him fully. I thought I had the calling but I realized that I don’t need to be inside the church to serve Him. I was able to serve Him through the foundations and charities I joined.
Last week of January, I met Real LifeFoundation through a friend, Gladys. The said foundation provides assistance to unprivileged Filipinos through scholarships and converts them via community services.


If you are interested to help through Real Life Foundation, there are many ways to give:
1.       Adopt a Scholar
2.       Feed a hungry child
3.       Donate goods

Note: You can visit this site if you are interested: http://igivetolife.com/

My friends (Gladys and Kate) and I chose to join the Feeding program. The feeding program is from 8am-12nn every Saturday morning but need to register first with Real Life office since they can only accommodate 20 volunteers every Saturday.  We paid Php250 which covered the cost of the volunteer shirt and the food for the children. We also had the chance to play and talk to these kids.
 
 

I remember myself through their eyes. I believe that one day; these kids will also help others in the future. Real Life Foundation will help them change their community to become a better place.

 "HELPING OTHER NEVER GOES OUT OF STYLE"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...