Pages

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Let The Hunger Games Begin

After a very productive week, I was able to treat myself for a good movie. A movie date with my beloved friends. ^^ I never had any idea what the movie was all about but. I'm also not aware that it has a book. Good thing I had the chance to watch it in 2D. Good movie + good friends = Happy ME!!!^^




Now, here is the compilation of inspiring lines shared by the characters from Hunger Games 2012:

[Movie starts with the following statement]
'From the treaty of the treason: In penance for their uprising, each district shall offer up a male and female between the ages of 12 and 18 at a public "Reaping." These Tributes shall be delivered to the custody of the Capitol. And then transferred to a public arena where they will Fight to the Death until a lone victor remains. Henceforth and forevermore this pageant shall be known as The Hunger Games.'

Primrose Everdeen: No! No!
Katniss Everdeen: Shh, it's okay. It’s okay, you were just dreaming. You were dreaming.
Primrose Everdeen: It was me!
Katniss Everdeen: I know. I know. But it's not. It's your first year, Prim. You're name's only been in there once, they're not gonna pick you. Try to go to sleep.
Primrose Everdeen: I can't.
Katniss Everdeen: Just try. Just try.
Katniss Everdeen: You remember that song? Okay. I gotta go.
Primrose Everdeen: Where?

Gale Hawthorne: What are you gonna do with that when you kill it?
Katniss Everdeen: Damn you, Gale! It's not funny!
Gale Hawthorne: What are you gonna do with a hundred pound deer, Katnap? It's Reaping day, the place is crawling with Peacekeepers.
Katniss Everdeen: I was gonna sell it, to Peacekeepers.
Gale Hawthorne: Of course you were.
Katniss Everdeen: Oh, like you don't sell to Peacekeepers?
Gale Hawthorne: No! Not today!k  mm
Katniss Everdeen: It was the first deer I've seen in a year. Now I have nothing.
Gale Hawthorne: Okay.
Katniss Everdeen: I just gotta go. But I'll be back. I love you.

Katniss Everdeen: You wanna see what I got you today?
Katniss Everdeen: It's a mockingjay pin, to protect you. And as long as you have it, nothing bad will happen to you. Okay? I promise.

Effie Trinket: Now the time has come for us to select one courageous young man and woman for the honor of representing District 12 in the 74th annual Hunger Games. As usual, ladies first.
Effie Trinket: Primrose Everdeen. Where are you dear? Well, come on up.
Effie Trinket: Well, come on up!
Katniss Everdeen: Prim! Prim!
Katniss Everdeen: No! I volunteer! I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!
Effie Trinket: I believe we have a volunteer.

Katniss Everdeen: Prim, I don't have much time. Prim, listen. You're gonna be okay. Don't take any extra food from them, it isn't worth putting in your name more times, okay? Listen, Gale will bring you game, you can sell cheese from your goat.
Primrose Everdeen: Just try to win, if you can.
Katniss Everdeen: Of course. Any maybe I can, I am smart, you know.
Primrose Everdeen: You can hunt.
Katniss Everdeen: Exactly.
Primrose Everdeen: To protect you.
Katniss Everdeen: Thank you.

Katniss Everdeen: You can't tune out again.
Katniss' Mother: I won't.
Katniss Everdeen: No, you can't. Not like when dad died. I won't be there anymore, you're all she has. No matter what you feel, you have to be there for her. Do you understand? Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't.

Katniss Everdeen:  I'm fine.
Gale Hawthorne: Yeah, I know.
Katniss Everdeen: I am.

Gale Hawthorne: Listen to me, you're stronger than they are. You are. Get to a bow.
Katniss Everdeen:  I may not have a bow...
Gale Hawthorne: You will if you get to show 'em how good you are. They just want a good show, that's all they want. If they don't have a bow, then you make one, okay? You know how to hunt.
Katniss Everdeen:  Animals.
Gale Hawthorne: There's no difference, Katniss.
Katniss Everdeen: They're twenty four of us, Gale, and only one comes out.
Katniss Everdeen: Yeah, and it's gonna be you.
Peacekeeper #1: Okay.
Katniss Everdeen: Take care of 'em, Gale. Whatever you do, don't let them starve!
Peacekeeper #1: Let's go.
Gale Hawthorne: I'll see you soon, okay?

Cinna: That was one of the bravest things I've ever seen, for your sister. My name is Cinna.
Katniss Everdeen: Katniss.
Cinna: I'm sorry that this happened to you and I'm here to help you in any way that I can.
Katniss Everdeen: Most people just congratulate me.
Cinna: Well, I don't see the point in that. So tonight they have the tribute parade, they're gonna take you out and show you off to the world.
Katniss Everdeen: So you're here to make me look pretty?
Cinna: I'm here to help you make an impression. Now usually they dress people in the clothes from their district.
Katniss Everdeen: Yeah, ours was coal miners.
Cinna: Yeah, but I don't wanna do that. I wanna do something that they're gonna remember. Did they explain about trying to get sponsors?
Katniss Everdeen: Yeah, but I'm not very good at making friends.
Cinna: We'll see. I just think somebody that brave shouldn't be dressed up in some stupid costume now, should they?
Katniss Everdeen: I hope not.

Caesar Flickerman: I just have one more question for you. It’s about your sister. I can speak for all of us when I say, we were deeply moved when you volunteered for her at the reaping. I expect she did come say goodbye to you, now, did she?
Katniss Everdeen: Yes...
Caesar Flickerman: And what did you say to her... in the end.
Katniss Everdeen: I told her I would try to win.... I'de try to win... for her.
Caesar Flickerman: And try you shall. Katniss Everdeen, district 12, the girl on fire!

Haymitch Abernathy: Embrace, the probability of your imminent death; and know deep down in your heart, that there is nothing I can do to save you.
Katniss Everdeen: Then what are you here for?
Haymitch Abernathy: Ah... The refreshments. * swirls drink *

Peeta Mellark: You know what my mother said to me when she came to say good-bye, as if to cheer me up, she says maybe District Twelve will finally have a winner. Then I realized she didn't mean me, she meant you!
Katniss Everdeen: Oh, she meant you.
Peeta Mellark: She said, 'She's a survivor, that one.' She is.

President Snow: Hope, it is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, alot of hope is dangerous. This fact is fine, as long as it's contained.
Seneca Crane: So...
Effie Trinket: So, contain it.

Caesar Flickerman: So is there anyone special back home?
Peeta Mellark: Nah.
Caesar Flickerman: Oh come on with a good looking guy like yourself has to have someone, and if you win there is no way she cannot go out with you. You go out there, and you win this thing. Then she'll have to go out with you.
Peeta Mellark: Thanks but I don't think winning's gonna help much.
Caesar Flickerman: And why not?
Peeta Mellark: Because she came here with me.

Peeta Mellark: I just keep wishing I could think of a way to show them that they don't own me. If I'm gonna die, I wanna still be me.
Katniss Everdeen: I just can't afford to think like that.

Katniss Everdeen: I don't want to lose the boy with the bread.

Katniss Everdeen: You don't forget the face of the person who was your last hope.


Hunger Games Trailer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...